Maxport.exe - Program to import prims from 3ds Max to Second Life or OpenSim
Maxproxy.exe - Program to export prims from Second Life or OpenSim to 3ds max
Both programs use LibOpenMetaverse and you need to start them from DOS prompt. ( just run "cmd" ).
You need to have Microsoft .NET Framework installed.
You can list their command-line arguments by typing:
maxport.exe --help or maxproxy.exe --help
Basic usage of Maxproxy for SL:
1. Start Maxproxy like this: maxproxy.exe --main
2. Run 3rd party SL viewer like Phoenix.
3. Add new grid with address: http://127.0.0.1:8080
4. Connect to it. You must see Maxproxy's banners on login
5. Select prims or linksets that you own and created
6. Type in the chat: /save name_of_your_project
7. The saved images and .hpa file can be found in c:\prims
8. Use Import funcion in the Prim Composer menu
Basic usage of Maxport for SL:
1. Export your build with Prim composer.
2. Start Maxport like this: maxport.exe -flp Firstname Lastname password --main -i "full path to your .hpa file"
3. Wait until the upload is over.
Alternatively you can use a patched third party viewer which support HPA: